For the Bun:
- Dry yeast-1 tbsp
- Warm water-2tbsp
- Milk-1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil-1/2 cup
- All purpose flour-2 cups + 1 cup
- Sugar-1/4 cup
- Egg-1, beaten
- Egg white-1,for egg wash
- White sesame seeds for sprinkling
For the filling:
- Boneless chicken-100gm, boiled and shredded
- Carrot & beans - chopped & cooked, ½-3/4 cup each
- Onions-4 big, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Chilli powder-1/2 -1tbsp (depending on your spice level, I used Kashmiri chilli powder)
- Coriander powder-1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil-3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven @180 C for 15 minutes before baking.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with ½tbsp sugar. Leave aside for 10 minutes. Boil the milk and allow to cool down till it is warm to touch. Add sugar, oil and salt to milk.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon till the sugar dissolves and add 1 cup flour and mix to a smooth paste. Add the beaten egg, yeast and mix.
- Add the remaining flour and mix well till it forms a smooth dough. (I had to use almost 3 cups of flour to make it a soft dough.
- You start with 2 cups of flour as mentioned in the recipe and if you find it difficult to form a soft dough add extra flour little by little, till it forms a soft dough.)Knead well for 10 mins (I knead it using stand mixer).
- Let it rest till it doubles in volume (almost 2-3 hrs).Punch down the dough lightly using your palm and divide them equally.
- Flatten them into small discs and fill them with 1 tbsp of the filling. Re-shape them into a ball. Apply the egg wash. Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds. Let it prove for another 20 mins. Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 15-20 mins.
To make the filling:
- Heat oil, add the ginger garlic paste and saute till it gives out a nice aroma.
- Add the onions & salt. Saute them till soft and transparent. Add the powders and mix well for 2 mins. Add salt, the shredded chicken, cooked veggies and mix well.
- Keep it off the fire and let it cool. Use it for filling the dough. I got 7 buns from the above qty.