- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 85g brown sugar
- 3 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 Chicken Leg Pieces
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat 4-5 mins, until softened. Add remaining ingredients, season and mix.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 mins, until thickened.
- For a smooth sauce, simply whizz the mixture in a food processor or with a hand blender for a few seconds.
- Make slits on chicken legs
- Marinate legs with barbecue sauce, soya sauce and salt for atleast 2 hours.
- Barbecue on charcoal grill and enjoy .