- 250 gms paneer/cottage cheese
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper/capsicum/shimla mirch
- 1 medium size onion
For the marinade:
- 200 gms hung curd/yogurt or thick curd/yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste or crushed ginger garlic
- 1 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
- 1 to 2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 tsp jeera powder/cumin seeds powder
- 1 tsp dhania powder/coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder/amchur powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp black pepper powder (optional)
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil or ghee or butter for brushing
- Rock salt or black salt
- Chop the paneer in square shaped cubes.
- The veggies also should be chopped in square shapes. Keep the chopped veggies and paneer aside.
- In a large bowl, take the curd and whisk it till it becomes smooth
- Add ginger garlic paste and all the spice powders plus ajwain, including black salt.
- Mix the spice powders with the curd.
- You could also add oil at this stage if you do not want to brush the paneer tikka with oil later.
- Add the veggies and paneer to the marinade.
- Marinate for atleast 2 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- Remove after 2 hours and bring the marinated paneer and veggies at room temperature.
- Skewer the veggies and paneer alternately on skewers or tooth picks..
- On a charcoal barbecue arrange the paneer skewers. Brush some oil on the veggies and paneer.
- Cook for 5 minutes and turn the skewers. Brush some more oil. Cook on the other side for 5 more minutes.
- Arrange the panner tikka on a plate. Sprinkle some chaat masala on paneer tikka.
- Serve the yummy panner tikka with mint chutney and onion rings with lemon wedges