Sunday, July 6, 2014

Mini Cupcakes with Sprinklers and Jam Swirls

House Party is what I enjoy the most, as it gives me opportunity to cook and bake. And this time it was for my Bhopali Frens, so I was super enthusiastic to cook so many dishes that I didn't have patience of frosting cupcakes, post office for the dinner party so no icing as of now. But  I decorated it with some sprinklers and jam swirl piped over cupcake.

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking power
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • seeds from 1 vanilla pod (optional)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Food Colour - I used green as I didn't have blue to represent France and White one was Germany.

Method

1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Sift together all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Cream together butter, sugar and seeds from the vanilla pod until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs one at a time.
4. Mix together the yogurt, milk and vanilla extract, the wet ingredients.
5. Add in one third of the dry ingredients and then add in one half of the wet ingredients.
6. Repeat step 5 until all are combined. Just barely mix, until you cannot see streaks of flour in the batter. Divide batter in 2 parts mix food colour in one half and just mix in it. Don't over mix or else your green cupcake will be dense.
7. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners, the batter will make 16 cupcakes. Fill each 3oz sized cupcake liners with 1/4 cup batter.

8. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cupcakes cool to room temperature.

One need to have topping over it but as I was tooo tired so just ready made toppings for me this time.





No comments:

Post a Comment