- 1 1/2 pounds button mushrooms, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts (2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup whole-wheat rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or dill
- Plain yogurt, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the mushrooms, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, cumin, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken skin-side up among the mushrooms. Roast until the chicken skin is crisp and golden 165 degrees F, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice with the chopped onions . Season with salt , oregano and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken to plates. Toss the mushrooms with the lemon juice, cilantro or dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chicken with the mushrooms, brown rice and yogurt.