My Husband was out for a hectic tour to Nagpur and on his way back his only question was “ Aaj Khaane Me Kya hai “ so I wanted to surprise him with something different. So I picked a different protein. My routine proteins are majorly mutton and chicken so I tried something different with Fish as my Bihari loves it ;)
- 2 salmon fillets
- 4-5 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 small chilli
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 chunk of ginger finely chopped
- 1 sheet of egg noodles/flat noodles
- bunch of coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion finally chopped
- Extra lime juice
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the ginger, garlic and chopped chilli.
- Add the zest and juice of the lime and pour in the soy sauce. Add the maple syrup and cook for 1 minute or until reduced and sticky.
- Meanwhile, pan-fry the two pieces of salmon for 2 minutes each side in a hot griddle pan.
- When the sauce is reduced add the salmon to the teriyaki sauce frying pan.
- Cook and drain the noodles,
- In a pan add sesame oil, sauté onions , seasonings, coriander and a squeeze of lime. Add noodles and toss for 2 minutes.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of noodles with more chopped coriander.