· 1 kg Mutton
· Water enough to boil mutton and have stock left: Approx4-5 cups
· Red chili whole 10
· Mustard Oil : 4 tbsp
· Ghee : 1 cup
· Sliced onions – 1 cup
· 2 tsp Chili powder
· 10 red chillis whole
· 6 Black Cardamoms
· 12 cloves
· 4 tsp Mustard Seeds
· A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing) diluted in water
· Salt 3 tsp
· Ginger paste 1 tbsp
· Garlic 10 cloves whole
· Cumin Seeds ½ tsp
· Onion seeds (Kalonji) 1 and 1/2 tsp
· Turmeric 2 tsp
· Jaggery 2 tbsp (diluted in water)
· Lemon Juice 2 tbsp
1. Boil mutton with salt, turmeric and water till meat is tender and stock is left. (Approx. for 40 min at mid flame)
2. In a separate pan heat mustard oil, when it smokes add ghee. Fry sliced onions to golden brown, remove and keep aside. In the same oil add red whole chilies and fry till they turn black, take out and discard. Add cloves and cardamoms. After a while add mustard seeds, sauté for 1 minute.
3. When mustard seeds splutters, add asafetida.
4. Add meat along with red chilli powder, cumin seeds, onion seeds, ginger paste, whole garlics and jaggery. Bhuno for 10 -15 mins using meat liquid left.
5. Cook well. Add lemon juice, cover and cook for 10 minutes at mid heat.
6. Remove lid, increase flame and cook well till oil comes on top. Taste seasonings and adjust according to taste buds.
7. Serve delicious hot Achari Korma While serving garnish the meat with fried onions.