Some people say that it was Vindahlo, but since we know Aloo, as potatoes in India the dish was called Vindaloo. Anyway lets get down to the Prawns Vindaloo Recipe.
- 1 Kg Prawns
- 2 Big Onions - paste
- Salt as per taste
- Vindaloo Masala
- 15 Kashmiri Chillies,
- 4 - 6 Garlic flakes,
- 1" Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons of Jeera,
- 1 and a 1/2" Haldi,
- 1" piece of Cinnamon
- 3 - 6 Peppers
- 3 - 6 Cloves
- Cleans Prawns and Keep aside.
- Grind all spices of Vindaloo Masala to a thick paste
- Marinate prawns with the same paste for 1 hour
- In another wok heat oil. And add onion paste. Bhuno till it turns nice brown.
- Remove prawns from marinate and add the vindaloo masala in oonion mixture and let it cook on low fmae (We removed prawns because they cook very fast and masala will be not cooked properly)
- Once the masala is well infused with onions, check seasoning, adjust taste and water level as per requirement and add prawns.
- Cook for 10 minutes and let a boil come.
- Serve hot with rice.